Feb 4, 2011

Birthday - I

This time of the year, people are generally happy, excited and joyous.
Not that I am gloomy, but neither am I the former.

This time of the year, people are generous and grateful to the one above.
Not that I am not, but am stuck in the web of situations that question me his generosity.


Birthdays are no more the toffee distribution of the schools...
no more the wait for that new dress and wearing it to the classes.

It is no more the college parties late in the evening...
no more the excitement of opening the gifts that the buddies so exclusively brought.

It is no more the visit to the temple...
and no more the surprise-jolly-family-dinner that had been carefully planned.

It is no more the happiness of receiving the calls...
and no more the thrill at seeing the numerous posts/scraps on your profile or the e-card send to you.


Is this boredom due to having seen all these things being repeated year after year, or due to the absence of efforts making me feel special?

No comments: