Feb 12, 2011

Yay! Uhuu!!

Jubilation and Grief struck successively.

'Yay!' for the first independent USG that I did today. Yay! Yay! Yay!

Yes, after the duties that I had 'tried' doing dotingly, I finally got a chance to do a USG myself. All these days, I had been just another on-looker, who used to see and try to comprehend the organ being focussed. Then, was handed over the reporting. Scribbling on the piece of governmental papers the findings and the opinion was still better. At least, had something to do.

And, finally, today, was handed over the probe and the screen all to myself. Focusing organs seemed so easier as the observer, but was infinitely difficult for the doer.

Lots of attempts, Gelling of hands and triumphantly, focusing the organs successfully. It was a well deserved happiness. 

The USG strip of the first patient I investigated independently was taken out in double copies. One kept for my records - Of all the sweet, or bad first memories I treasure. (But, believe me, I have not kept the placenta of the first delivery I conducted, and neither have I kept the blood-soaked-thread of the first suturing I did.)  ;-)

Now, the 'Uhuu!' part:
I lost that strip in transit from Hospital to Home!! 
Uhuuu!
I don't have the coveted black & white imaging strip for my collections with 'Right Pleural Effusion & Liver' written. Ohhh! Damn.

Still, I do have a picture to be put: The one I took before I set the probe on the patient, trying to be familiar with the USG machine. :-)

My first USG! <3

Radiology sucks, still the work is fun. :-) Only for random temporary purposes. ;-)

2 comments:

alok said...

u sure about the placenta?? :))

Tele Jane said...

@ Alok Boss -
I re-checked.
Yeah, no placentas I got.
But, I found,
Just a small piece of a cord,
a methergin and a blood clot.

;-)