Jun 28, 2009

Hey, Take Care!


One more cousin of mine leaves for her further studies...parts ways from this place, which has been her home, since the day she was delivered from her mom's womb, filled with the divine birth fluid.Never been out for any work, wat-so-ever alone. Its her first. Yep, she was excited, as she always had wanted this to happen. She had waited for long just to see this day.But, as it is said, your hometown is where your heart will remain.
The intensity she wanted to move out of this place, was far too less than the nostalgia that was flash-backing in her mind, as she moved towards the platform.Tears were shown their way. She had far too long tried to swallow them back to their genesis.And there we were. All in tears. Its like sending your child at war.War of the worlds.Her world being so naive and the one she enters, cunning & mean. You just pray & hope,she comes back alive,in the form we have nurtured her.Not injured. No, we don't want her to suffer.And not dead, like the world,where she'll be successful & detached, to our emotions.

I don't know, if its the correct comparison, no, it isn't. But, it is how I was feeling. I just want her back, after her studies, safe & the same way as she is now.

5 comments:

Ankit said...

Sending to a war !! What do you think hostels are ? Prisons ? :)

But I do understand the insecurity that the parents feel. It happened with my mother also when I was first leaving for the hostel. In fact, even after 4 years, she is still uncomfortable with the idea of me going back to hostel after I have been to home for 4-5 days. And that is the beauty of the parenthood.

Arps said...

Ah! But its only when you leave home, that you get to see the real world out there...
So it must be a good thing, right!!

(This coming from a person who was forced to spend the past 5 yrs of her life at home... and not the real world! :(( )

Ankit said...

Forced to stay !!
Yes, its real different and real good.. You get to learn abt THE world..

Ketan said...

TJ,

Your 'meticulously operated upon by' sounds so apt when I look back at what I was and what I've become or might become in course of time.

I'd have felt exactly the same way being in the situation you've been. And no, your fears are not at all unfounded, if I've to take my own experience as an example.

TC.

Tele Jane said...

@ Neophyte- Hostels are definitely not prisons, but, they are the bases at the battleground. :-)

@ Arps- to state the fact, even I was forced to stay here...but, now, I don't regret it.Not even 0.1%...I just love my life here. But,also eager to face the real world. :-)

@ Ketan - Life changes by leaps n bounds when one's out of the shell. And, any change does create a sense of fear.
tc