Jun 29, 2009

A golden something !



Often heard this 'Born with a Golden Spoon' phrase.

For me,it means:
Having the privilege of seeing all your desires fulfilled, by anyone else but you. You name it, and you have it. By virtue of their riches. Or By virtue of their position/post.

I indeed then, have been born WITHOUT the Golden Spoon.
And I (don't know why) but am glad I've been this way.
Yeah, I have actually been gifted with something else.
A Golden Heart. Or a Golden Brain. Or above all, A Golden Spirit.The Spirit to excel or achieve.

And its better.
At least what ever I am, or will be, I'll be because of me.

I know, the struggle I do, will pay me my due.

I wanna believe that it does.


And THANKS MOM DAD, for not putting in my mouth, the golden spoon.
And for teaching me to pick that wooden spoon and how to place it in my mouth.All on my own. :-)

7 comments:

Ankit said...

"A Golden Heart. Or a Golden Brain. Or above all, A Golden Spirit " is good but I would not have mind a golden spoon either..

Ketan said...

TJ,

Even I've felt this way sometimes. :)

You've phrased the feeling very accurately.

BTW, I very much liked your tele-isms.

Take care.

Tele Jane said...

@ Neophyte-
;-)
On a lighter,funnier mode:
I too wud have loved a bit! ;-)

'Criticise what you don't have, and justify/ defend what you have.'
- what say? ;-)

@Ketan:
Thanks ! :-)

Arps said...

"A Golden Heart. Or a Golden Brain. Or above all, A Golden Spirit.The Spirit to excel or achieve."

Well said. Somehow managed to life up my spirits :)
Nicely done.

S.S. said...

well said. Somehow those with golden spoon end often lack a golden spirit [:)]

Tele Jane said...

@ Arps, Thanks! :-)
I am happy to do this bit, If it helped you in some way ! (Fight on. Read well.)

@ Chiya, Yeah, very often.
Thanks for visiting. :-)

Suruchi said...

hmm..hope ur wooden spoon soon turns into the golden one...
heads or tails..both u win...
waise at the end of the day...that spoon whatever its colour should be taking the best of things to ur mouth n we'd rest our case...haha..what say?;)
loved ur spirit...keep it up gal:)