Feb 28, 2010

YAY ! YAY !!

Three Cheers to ... ME !!

this day becomes a big one for me....Memorable.

For..

I made the lunch today...All ALONE. Right from cutting the vegetables, making the sabzi, kneading the dough, making chapattis, from preparing the salad, to serving !!!

Everything.

Yeah, like it happens in Indian household, my mum and daadi had been concerned regarding my culinary skills. They had asked me a number of times before, to prepare something for them. But.

I have this rebellious streak in me...

Not doing what is told to be done. 
And Doing what is strictly prohibited. 

And I love bowing down to my rebellious instincts .... ;-)

What happened today was another of my instincts: Impulsive.
It hit me, that I should make something. Started doing the vegetables, and finally went on to make the complete lunch. 

Wuhoo....
And, And...
The lunch was tasty...not merely eatable. 

:-)

Yuhoo...

Tele says: I have proved my skills. And henceforth, from now on, I am not going to give any more demos. So, no more cooking. ;-)

3 comments:

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

culpable homicide?? ;)err Grievous hurt???

Dr S. said...

You are one up on me dear! I don't think I've ver done that. Went from having a mom that chased me out of the kitchen to go and study, to marrying a man who adores cooking!

Tele Jane said...

@ k.ø.c.h.ü -
haha... ;-)
then,guess what??
My plan failed !! everyone's still alive. !! :-x

@ Dr. S-
Wow, I have the former one (Mum who just once in a year tell me to help her, otherwise forces me to go and study or even enjoy with friends)
But, am more eager for the latter one... A hubby who loooves cooking !! Wish I get one ! :-)
PS: I have an alternative: I'll marry a chef. rotfl... :-)