Feb 18, 2010

Indecisive...

How blissful it was. When our decisions were not in our hands. Or to say, our decisions were not manufactured in our heads.
Our parents were the 'Decision makers'. What they decided was done. 
If success was tamed, it was their proud and happy eyes that used to be our award. And if not, there still would be their proud eyes, content that we tried.

Our parents loved and liked a particular thing and we, too, eventually developed a liking to it. Like father, Like son. There used to  be no 'ifs and buts'. 
In the adolescent, aggressive and revolutionary mind grows our own outlook towards situations and life (on a broader aspect)

_______________________________________________________

For me, my parents' choice has been my choice. And, I love following and doing what they decide/say. 
But, this independence that they have imparted me, is killing me. 
Leaving me free and responsible enough, to take my own decisions is proving fatal. (Esp. for an indecisive person like me.)

Analysing the options....their pros n cons,
Conducting a reality check at your abilities and resources,
Scrutinizing (with your tele-scopic vision) whether this would be where your heart would b happy & content, decades later....
I mean....it eats up my head.

Add to it:
What if my choice would not b congruent with theirs (Seriously man, my efforts, for achieving it, would be less than half-ed)
What if my very own decisions prove incorrect.
What if my naive minds' painted happiness is far different from what it would be, years down the line.

Uff! I don't wanna exercise my brain ....

Wish I had no liberty to rule my life !!

Wish all my dreams, likings were never born !!

Wish I was a puppet, in my almighty's hands- My parents !!


It is such a mental satisfaction...leaving it onto Mum-Dad... see that glint in their eyes, that their kids are still kids, and dependent on them....

This is what I call 'Life'


Tele says: I wanna be a kid, forever my life...

PS: This puppet's name is 'Telly'. Appears, am seriously leaving a mark on this earth. :-) :-P

2 comments:

manjiT said...

well, like its said, decisions are never wrong... is the consequences that decide. whatever decisions we take, i believe we should have the courage to stand to their consequences.

happy decision-making! :)

Tele Jane said...

True...

Decisions are easy to make... its the consequences I fear.

Hence, I think I need a 'happy courage -gaining'... !! ;-)