May 26, 2009

Little Pearl !

Hmmm...
It has been a great day today. Great relative to the previous one, which was an emotional turmoil altogether, at both professional and personal levels . A long scolding from the Surg Unit Head (long, as it lasted for an hour...and he was wholly-and-solely scolding all this long).Fault: Not attending the OT days and missing a class. huh !! And my temper got the better of me, and emitted it at personal level. Result: A ruined day. Bad day.

Anyways, Past is Past and I move on, only to be greeted by one heck of a cool day.




A beautiful, 'Cholecystectomy with a CBD stone' operation in the OT.

Yes, after the bulk-of-scolds-that-we-had-ingested the day before, and no more desire to take any more; we went to the OT. And to our surprise, the Unit Head himself, showed us the operation. HE LET US SEE A FEW STRUCTURES.
Yeah, A Big Deal, I know.
Coz, most of the times what we see is: An incision, lots of instruments, good amount of blood, and the incision being sutured.Never a live structure/organ. ha :D

Today, we managed a glimpse of the Gall Bladder, the CBD, the retro-peritoneal part of duodenum, the Major duodenal papilla, Ampulla of Vater, colon, the Greater Omentum.It was more than I could have ever asked for, atleast in the Govt. Hospi scene.

And the best thing my eyes clicked today, was: The cute li'l stone...the dimensions of a small pea, and the color of the dove: A PEARL indeed.

It was a good experience.
Just a thing that irks me: The scheduled Stone removal from the CBD was converted to a Duodenotomy, the duodenum opened, Papillotomy, and then the stone found out. The pt. was a COPD pt, and for this small stone removal she was given a 7 cm incision, abdomen explored, CBD opened, Duodenum opened, Gall Bladder removed. It could well have been removed by an ERCP or an Endoscopic intervention.
Still, no grudges.
Common, I wouldn't have seen all this, had it been an endoscopy or ERCP !! ;)

Tele says: 'Hey, how big a gift it would be: My beau gifting me a necklace of such pearls?? All that he himself would have excavated (oops, removed) from actual patients. I would treasure it more than any damn rasc** thing in the Universe!'
Weird, I know it is. But, anything that's disgusting has so much to do with me. ;)

3 comments:

deluded said...

wow.penny.

you make happy and scare simultaneously!

aaalso,

really great post.
flow wise.

spontaneous penny is the best penny?
aye!

Arps said...

ermmm...just beware of the salmonela that hangs around...
wouldn't want you to be a carrier!

Tele Jane said...

@ deluded
Yeah.
Spontaneity is definitely the seed to creativity.
tho, I doubt, i have been anyways creative here !! :D
Thanks :)

@Arps~
ermm...Salmonella and Strep, and E.coli...and all the abundant GI flora... (can't recall any more species !)
Ohh no, these are taking away the fun out of my romantic imagery. :(

;)