Jul 31, 2011

Love. Ordinary. Earthly.

Some loved me with their puberty pimples...

Some loved me as the beauty of nature...

Some loved me in the rhymes of their prose...

Some loved me in the spirit of their tumblers...

Some loved me over the fine artwork of hands...

Some loved me in the 'bhaavas' of 'nratya'...

Some loved me for the caress in my company...

Some loved me for the clarity of my mind...

Some loved me for the innocence of a kid...

Some loved me for the divinity of soul...

Some loved me from the first sight,
and then, some loved me for the mere sake of loving someone.

All....
Loved me...
With reasons...

And,
I...
loved...
Someone....
Who loved me as a true friend.

With bits of all reasons, but none 'The' reason.

...Ours is not a heavenly love...
It is an earthly love. Of Humans. Like Humans.

Ordinary Yet Special.

4 comments:

Ankit said...

Oh wow !

Amazing lines !

Have nothing else to say.

Sauc said...

What is the significance of 'The Thousandth Man'?
the question lead me to the original poem. Both of em great!

Tele Jane said...

Ankit -
An 'Oh Wow' coming from you is a BIG deal.
Thanks, my biggest and cruelest critic.

Tele Jane said...

Saucy -
Thank You! :)