Mar 12, 2011

Power is the seed to sin...

Sitting in the back seat was so fun.
Dad Mum drove us to where they wanted,
or where I desired to go.

Then, came the time...
When I wanted to take control
Of the steering, the gears and the accelerator.

It enthralled.
It injected the shot of power...
Of directing it where I wanted it to.

They say,
Power is the seed to sin.
And,
Power is addictive.

The keys of life lay in my grab.
The ultimate power of independence was mine.
Did it rise to my heads??
Did it malign me for a period??

The car zoomed.
The gears clicked.
...In the lanes that were forbidden.
In the areas far from the final destination.


Up and down,
Left and right,
Reverser and bang on the wall.
Zapping accross the face of the earth...
Without a predecided end-point,
Aimlessly foraying into unthought-off realms...
Of mountains, rivers, savannas and plains.

The air was enough to alcoholize me...
And the cloudy skies were enough to opiate.

Yes, it was a hallucination...
That the car was moving in the righteous path.

When they said, 'Come back!'
I thought they were missing
the powers they once had.

When they tried setting
bubbles of destination on GPRS,
I felt they were being authoritative
& creating a remote for the toy-car, ME.

I resented, I smashed, I argued & I cried...
See, dependence to power I had developed.

What a veil the power was...
Showing me a glorious journey,
acting like a 70 MM screen.

How convenient had it been,
to null the aims,
defer the solutions of the problems,
forget the realities &
live into the beautiful movie.


I lived there...into it.
Enjoyed it with the popcorns
and the burgers.
Till...

Till the credits ended.
And the reality came & tore the veil.
It stood like the ticket checker...
Forcing me to leave the dark hall,
to enter the bright sunshine.
Blinded to it, I rushed back...
To the hall.


I wanted to escape.
The responsibilities,
the obligations,
and the bumpers of the road.
Since, I knew..
The theatre was a cake walk.

Was I sleeping and dreaming?
No, I was rather taking the world as a dream...
Which I could structure and design,
mould as per my need,
control as per my choice.

The water splashes didn't get me up.
The violent shakes didn't break my dreamy world.
Engrossed with my dreams...
I did nothing...when analyses grew
in the conscience.
Where power had taken me to,
I analysed.

A false world it was...
I had betrayed not everyone BUT myself.
This intoxication had to end.
The effects of it had to fade.
And when it did...
I lay here distraught, dismayed.

Oh! I wish...
They find my keys
and drive me to home.
To security & caress & love.
Instill in me the purpose,
the meaning of this existence.

Oh! I wish they do...
& I wish I am able to do what they say!!

---------------------------------------------

No comments: