Apr 29, 2010

Obstetrics And Gynaecology !!

Now, that the 'famous' OBG department is preparing my completion papers, and am expected to receive it without any further controversies, It's my turn to put how the last One and a half months of my life were.

Why I loved it:

^ It, finally, made me feel like a Doc. * :-)

^ I had a super cool R-2 in LR duties. Dr. Ritu- You Rock!! You are the most Awesome Senior We'll ever have. For forcing me to eat your tiffin, for the infinite smiles and cheer you spread. :-)

^ We made great friends with the R-1s at duty. Dr. Shashi- You're so so sweet. We love ya!! Dr. Richa- The one who for the first time, actually let us do things- Episiotomy incision, stitch, and conduct deliveries, taking the mistakes(if any) on yourself. Hats Off!!


Dr. Himanshu - For your 'anytime anywhere' jokes, your chillax attitude, your 'Oye, tu to resident banke hi jayegi!'. :-) Dr. Priyanka - For your gossiping, your ways of getting your work done. ;-) he he. Dr. Vimla - For your 'bachcha', your allowing us to bunk the Emergency duty that night. :-)

^ All the smiles we received in the corridors and wards of Ummaid Hospital from the Residents of other units. Dr. Rinkesh - Thanks for making me drink Tea, for the first time ever !! (* I drink atleast one cup, almost every day!!)  Happy. :-) Dr. Sarita - Please, keep that smile for-ever on your face, do not frown and do not take tensions. Everything's gonna be all right. :-) Dr. Santosh - I love your style and I love your way of work. Muaah. Dr. Aditi - You look damn good in a saree! :-) 

^ All the back-pats we received from our Unit People:
Dr. Sumitra Mam - (HOD), Dr. Indra Bhati Mam- I'll always miss your 'Raani Bitiya'. 'Where am I going to find another Telly? I'll not sign your completion!!' :-)
Dr. Renu Jain Mam- Your ever smiling face, your cheerful laughter in the OPDs, your tussle with the cleaners, and the nurses (they deserved it, after all they cannot be so negligent.). 
Dr. Hanslata Mam – Your absolutely un-understandable handwriting, the scolds we received (for our mistakes). We were scared to death everytime we were called by you. The smile you gave us today, meant we had pleased you, and that is the most satisfying thing. 
Dr. Kalpana Mam – get well soon. :-) 


Dr. Sunita Mam – The small conversation we had over the ANC patients. :-) 


Dr. Shashi Mam – Your wonderful ways of interacting with patients. Dr. Bharti Mam – for disturbing you so many times, for asking about investigations, medicines, prescription. About everything at OPDs. Dr. Dhara – your typical ways of looking (specs resting at nose, and eyes gazing superiorly), your characteristic ways of speaking (‘tune to kuch nahi seekha…’ ‘agli baar aise kiya, to khinch k eek jhaapad lagaunga’), your care and concern (‘Go, and sleep in the ICU Doctor’s Duty room, AC hai. Dr. Himanshu ko bol dena ke kahin aur so jaye.’ ‘I won’t allow two girls to leave the hospital at 2 in night’) Your way of putting your hand on my head, everytime a big task is accomplished well. :-) Dr. Urmila – for being so good, showing me HSGs, and lot many things, which can not even be put into words.

^ Dr. Ranjana Desai Mam - 'Gal, Only you can make those smilies on the duty schedule, even after doing the maximum duties !! Wonderful Job.' 
Dr. Jodha Sir, Dr. Bissa Mam, Dr. Jaishree Mam, Dr. Rizwana Mam. Dr. Arsha Didi (your uplifted eyebrows still scare me!!) 

^ All the Blessings we received from the patients and their relatives:
The blessings from elders as they swept hands over us; 
from young, who stood holding hands in prayers, in front of us, as if we were Gods; 
from the patients, who held me by hands, and didn’t let me go; 
from the patients, that stopped crying when they saw us around; 
from Him, who saw me run from one corner of the hospital to another, to save a serious patient.

 ^ All the love we received from the nurses and the cleaners – We’ll miss you. 
 
^ All the work we learned.

^ The kids that were born. The kids that did not survive. The Pediatricians on call.

^ For all the love by Dr. Manju Mam – Family Planning. You’re soo soo sweet.

^ For my great and wonderful collegue Dr. Tej and my for-ever sweetheart Dr. Shirley. (WE ROCK!!) :-) Spongy, you’re the most wonderful person I’ve ever met in my life. * Swear*

^ Simply, For everything that the past 45 days have been……..

I’ll For-ever Miss these days !!


5 comments:

Pranab Chatterjee said...

Hey,

Nice post. Reminds me of my ObG posting in internship. During Undergrads it was one of the subject which I really did not like, but come internship, it was the first time that I truly felt like a doc. Doing things. Myself.

Sweet memories.

Nice blog you got here. Keep 'em coming!

Tele Jane said...

@ Pranab -
hmmm...yeah,Sweet memories...they'll always remain.

Good to see you here..

Thanks. & Keep'on visiting. ;-)

Arps said...

Hmm.. wow! quite a long list of 'thank yous' there! And am amazed to see all positive reviews..* raised eyebrows* YOu DO see the world through rose colored spectacles don't you? ;)
Congrats on being done with Ob/Gyn though.. and good to know you guys learnt a lot!
btw: is Dt.Tej TPS by any chance? (was just a little funny to read!:D)

Arps said...

and.. a word of approval from Dr. Bhati =awesomeness! she's one of my favorite teachers!

Tele Jane said...

@ Arps-
haha!! Yeah, some sort of cribbing is missing here. ;)
Jokes apart, those cribs and the irritated looks had been shed at workplace itself.
When you bid adieu to a particular place or group, it's only positives that register, and are remembered. SO, guess only those were worded. :)

*Yeah, He is our very own 'TPSY' -just that the work environment transformed him to being called 'Tej' (all the residents call him Tej, Sample le lo! Tej, vitals liye kya?' rotfwl... ;)

*Yeah, completely second you...Dr. Bhati=awesomeness & awesomeness !!
:-)