Dec 12, 2010

The Important Men of my life…

…And what I learnt from them… !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other than my Father, Brother, Jijaji, and other family members.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all, I have put ‘Men’ here… coz, I have, for most of the times been in their company, more so than girls. Don’t know why, but have always had boys as better friends than girls. Not that I don’t have any girl as a friend. I have a few, which are dear, very dear, namely…Wish, Bugzy, Honey, Anks, Kookie, TJ Snr, and My Mum ! Will write about what I have learnt from them, sometime later.

But, as of now, It’s the Men who are gonna hog this space…






Aks…
A guy, whom I met first during my college. Earlier an unnoticed guy, he came into the picture, when during our very first dance in the college, in the Fresher’s Party, he joined our group, just the night before the performance, in place of a guy who had fallen sick. So, there he was, dancing ‘near-to-perfection’, as if he had been practicing day and night with us. Impressive he had been. Well, that had brought him into my college-mate list. With each semester, we came to know each other better. Now, he happens to be the closest friend of mine. He happens to be probably the only guy to whom I speak what I feel, about each and every incident. He knows everything about my life. He is my Mind-Reader. He knows exactly what would be going on in my mind. And he is an expert at scolding me (for not studying) and advising me when things don’t fall in place.
He’s the perfect Friend I could have ever had.
He’s true, sensitive, caring, extremely understanding, crystal clear about what he wants in life. Its only because of him, that I survived some tough times of my life. Learnt what ‘true friendship’ actually means. Its sheer luck that I have him.


Rish..

Another college mate of mine. In the first year of college, never interacted with him, because he happens to be of my religion, and talking to him, would have created stir in the college. And people would have easily termed it as a ‘setting’. We were always very uncomfortable talking to each other, subconsciously thinking about what the world would think. It was 2nd year, we were organizing a cultural evening. And he was amongst the one’s who were against us. The day before the event, they had created a big scene. I was called upon as the fight had led to the boycott of the event, by our very own batch…and almost 70 people were against us. I had a long discussion with some 7 people of the ones opposing us, and he was amongst them. I still remember, he had said, “Telly, I did not oppose the whole event earlier, only because you were conducting it. But now, the things have gone beyond tolerance. Some people are treating us badly. And, also, its only because ‘you’ are discussing the matter with us, that we all are here. Had it been anyone else, we would have not turned up.” All done, the event did go on to become the most ‘different’ event of our college life. There on, we have been good friends, to become the Brother-Sister duo in the play that bagged the first prize in Spandan (as against the very-very nicely directed play by our seniors.). Then came the Nukkad Natak, which also bagged the first prize. Hmm. Now, he too happens to be a very close friend of mine. He is the one who has taught me that everything should not be told to everyone. Don’t run around shouting about what is going on in your life, to everyone. Live also a life beyond what is seen to the janta. Controlling your emotions, and keeping them to yourself…is what I have learnt from him. (Though, I still can’t do all this!) He’s extremely sensible, mature in taking decisions. He’s the guy who lives in the present with the future in his eyes. None of his actions are not well-thought off. We might not be talking to each other that frequently, but know what is going on in each others life, and need be, we would be there for each other.


Mr. Nobody…

Hmm…school mates…were there in the same class, but, we had rarely interacted with each other. Then came, 11th and 12th stdd. We were in Kota, I was reading Biology, and he Mathematics. We used to talk over the phone, like once in a month. Met once in the 2-year stay there, as he had come to take the English notes. He went to the IIT and I to a Medical College. First Year, we interacted a little. And I was surprised at his transformation. Against the image of his being a very studious and serious guy, what I saw was a fun-loving, humor creating individual. The change was definitely difficult to digest. And it took an year for the thing to sulk in. 2nd year came, and we interacted more, rather fought more. Yeah, I have this absolutely wonderful relation with him, where we do more of leg-pulling than interacting. He’s the one who makes me smile. And I count on this asset of his during my depressed times. Whenever I feel blue, depressed, I have this buddy of mine, who lights my life with his fun-filled talks. He’s the only guy with whom I can talk any non-sense. I don’t think before speaking to him / or what picture of mine would be painted in his mind by my stupid talks. I share my idiosyncrasies with him. He is stupid, naughty, witty, confused, true, lazy. He has taught me, not being pretentious. Just be what you are. And relax, and procrastinate, life is not that bad.
He’s my sunshine and my Mr. Nobody.


Popeye…

Some relations are built the moment you meet. Such is my relation with him. The day my parents met him, there was something that clicked. And when, I met him, it took not more than 5 minutes for the bond to develop. And the bond has had its moments of snapping and re-bonding. But, there has not been a moment all these 5 years, that he’s not been a part of my life. He’s not the hunk, not my dream man, but he’s been the constant support, strength, and inspiration. He’s the reason behind my smile, and the reason behind the state of my mind-either good or bad. He’s the one who’s always been in my prayers and in my day-dreams. He rightly says, ‘You can’t keep everyone happy in this world. Hence, just keep the one’s who matter to you, happy.’ Learnt how to respect work, and studies, and give them their deserved importance. His madness for acquiring knowledge still amazes me. He’s cute, caring, super-busy, considerate, true, lives life on his terms, responsible, sensible, kiddish yet mature. His presence in my life is sort of essential for my survival. How-so-ever minimal it might be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a random note:
Love thy friends. They are the sails to your boat of life. They catch the cool breeze for you, and soothe you. I love you all, my friends…for making me a friend of yours, and blessing me your presence and giving me the pleasure to be in your life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Vivere said...

very true telly..

relationships must be respected and cherished..friends are our lifelines!:)

Tele Jane said...

They really are! :)