Apr 19, 2013

Wuhoo!

Pictures bring to life those amazing moments of past which might have blurred in your neocortex for, the new layer of captures has dusted the old. And, Wedding pictures bring to life those emotions and moments that amidst the heap of rituals and people were left unnoticed or unregistered. Yes, yes, you know where I'm gonna be taking this to. ;) So, here at Hyderabad, sitting idle for after a good long busy time, wedding pictures have received its due respect. The one moment that I'll rate as the Super Duper Awesome Wowie Moment of the wedding was the Varmaala (Exchange of Garlands). We both had taken our places on a red carpeted platform around which all had gathered. We were handed over the garlands by our respective sisters. And we were taking good hold of the garlands. Now, there's one thing I would like you to note: He stands 6 feet tall and I at 5 feet and 3 inches. Also, he was wearing the traditional Rajasthani head gear famously known as Saafaa, which added atleast 4-5 inches to his already tall status. So, picture this...we are holding the garlands, and I am the first one to hoopla it correctly over his head + head gear. Amongst the hundred thousand people out there witnessing it, one person, near us, his friend, was finding way to climb the platform, and I knew, it would go nasty if he succeeded. (Note: His friend would have taken him up and added to his height and eventually my brothers and jiju would have taken over and lifted me up too, to match the levels.) Yep, all this was being calculated and visualized in my mind then, that too in the matter of nanoseconds, and reflexively, all I did was throw the garland right through his head, and wuhoo! I NAILED it. By the time his reflexes were activated, I was already done. Man, can't tell you what that moment was. Not a single person was not laughing and/or cheering. More than a marriage, it had become a game which I had so convincingly won. The pictures of the people around us shows how jubiliated they were at my agility and my awesome hunting ability, how happy-surprised-proud my man was at my feat, and how dejected the cameraman was for he could not capture that moment. Oh Yes, out of the 5 cameras shooting us, only one could actually bring to life that 'Forever Ours' moment...and that pic I am sharing here...    yeah, you see me grinning and snatching the win here....wuhoo!

And to accompany is this picture where people's reaction is worth remembering.      

Wuhoo! Wasn't that a memorable moment? Well, we guys still burst into laughter as and when we remember it. :D ♥  

No comments: