Apr 19, 2009

Painting my dayz !

A Brush. The thing that my hands held after a pretty long time.My hands have held only pens/ highlighters/ books/ steth/ exam papers/ and my Mobile, the past few months; And I don't remember when last did I paint. I guess it was Diwali;Yes, last diwali, when I had paint those three cartoon characters on my Room-wall. And, on paper, I was painting after a complete year. The last thing that was brushed on paper was 'My dilemma' (that's wat I call it..)as it showcased the Dilemmas that I was in & still-happen-to-be in-
Shall I study / Shall I spend my last 'fun' years at college organizing events ? I have a penchant for event-management & I know I would never get a chance to do these once I enter into hard-core acads (Read as: Internship)
Shall I change my field of study : IAS prepration / Post-Graduation in Medicine ? (yes, for once I did consider this option, but, not anymore.) Hey, reading MBBS and thereafter changing fields is like showing the last 5 years of my life a Red Card. Having a Yellow Card (Read as: A Weak Student) signifies still being in competition, and Its better to be playing rather than being benched.
And since I decided to complete my match,
Shall I aim at Indian PGs or A Residency in USA ? & I would rather not explain this point, as I might end up writing A LOT. But, this dilemma still remains the biggest worm to my Brain, eating up not only my neurons, but also my time & ATPs.
That was then.

Colours - All Variety- Poster/Fabric/Sketch/Pencil/Crayons spread out on Bed. Water container & mixing plates...all out.And the Best of my Favorite-Songs Collection being played in background. Yes, I finally decided to put aside the work-load for a while, and be myself,The Artist. (Tho I am not a Great one, But, anyone who practices an Art is called an Artist,and So Am I)
Last 3 days, for 1 painting... But, I know it was worth it, Since, I was away from my schedule, away from books, away from the burden of Final Year, and away from reality."In A TRANCE"- Yes, that's what I have named it.

Gonna put some pics soon !!

And, A painting competition in town...Open entry, No Age-Bar.
Mom forced me to go.(Just because I had finished this painting a day before, and it looked good.) Time limit: 3 hours. How can a person squeeze art into a time-frame? Atleast I can't. And If I have to, the quality will definitely be compromised. The final product was good. People liked it. But, Satisfaction to me was not within-reach.

Will put some pics of this as well...

And, now I need to get back to 'Marking my dayz' i.e. Reading.

No comments: