Mar 31, 2015

Ashamed ?

The reunion happens in two weeks. With nothing on the platter on the professional front, how could one face the others who are leading a life full of career content?

Normally, a person would be more motivated to achieve something in that sphere where one is lacking. Have I traveled way too far to even feel the thrill?

The personal life, that is put forth to fill for the only one thing lacking in my life, has really been totally engaging. Is that all what I am meant to be doing the whole life?

Is not working something to be ashamed off? Or is only handling home a thing that puts my brain up on the cutting board?

I am happy being home, but I am not a career mad woman. I chose this for myself, to enjoy the little things of life that I would have missed otherwise. But, I am definitely not going to be ashamed of having those years off my life with him.


1 comment:

Vidhya said...

Just typing those words on a forum which is not so anonymous... Accepting of the situation but not making excuses... Not having a poor self-image despite the odds... Deciding to go to the reunion when one can easily opt out... Are all the things I can never get myself to do... So cheers and respect to you my lady.

I know a million girls with a career and almost all of them married not 'out of or for love' but as part of the next best step... They are rather common and easy to find... You are the rarer breed these other ladies secretly aspire to be....

You will have a career very soon... According to me in India the odds of having a career is better than the odds of marrying 'for love' ;)