Jun 30, 2011

A new lease to life, and a new breeze to breathe.

Two months it has been since I left my abode of decades, my home-town, and set foot in this hush-a-hush, 'metro' city,the capital- Delhi.

Had today day been the start of January 2011, you would have been reading a post with lots of Yippies, Yays and Hurrays; for I intended to leave the usual pathway of pursuing medicine as a specialization, and foray into the field of research by taking up a degree course in it, and juggle it with a part-time clinical junior residency. And, Delhi was the dream's wonderland.

But, today is not January, but a June. Mere difference of 6 months in the time frame, but a giant leap in the action frame...a leap across a wrapped, locked closet.

In the action frame, Now: Pre-PG!

The societal Ohhhs-Awwws did get the better of my parents' patience and my ego. They were offended and I was furious.

Taking the step next; leaving all the plans to bin, and shifting to Delhi with a completely different purpose, I now prepare for the Post Graduation Entrance Examination.
Yes, the one path which I did not even turn my heads to look at, in the past; the one path which all my peers run and tumble and succeed on; the one path which is like the storyline of a Bollywood flick- boring, usual and predictable.
Period.

These 60 days have not been exactly the way either my Mum-Dad or I would have wanted them to be.
Yes, somewhere I realize I am not strong to have dropped my dreams for something as volatile as prestige; for I know, one moment, people ridicule you for taking a useless path, and the other they quote you, when success is achieved.

Yes, somewhere I know I am not doing justice by forcing myself to try and do something where my heart doesn't lie.

Yes, somewhere I understand I am not only cheating my parents but also myself.

But, as they say: Your wish is my command!
Such is the motto of my life: To fulfill all my parents' wishes, all which I can, in my capacity.

Even beside this no-so-pleasant turn of events, I do have a new lease to life.

It is the presence of the breeze that I breathe here. It is the fragrance derived from the completeness of my soul.
It is the innocence and the naughtiness of this beautiful phase.


Google Images


God ought to be thanked and simultaneously be bribed for blessing me with even more grit and courage and determination to fulfill their dreams, of which I have taken charge; and the stamina to fulfill mine too, later in the course of time.

No comments: