Sep 6, 2010

Let there be light...

Optimistic about the Destined Enlightened morning !!

After a long tiring day, there is so much to be felt, so much to be told, still am short of words. 
Coz, something pinched me. 

What pinched me more than what would have been pained after the lathi-charge, was a confession by a resident of ours. Been there, seen the situations, been beaten up a few times, he wishes us the 'faith and conviction to stay what we are. Human.'

And more poignantly, he confesses, ' I have gone comfortably numb.' !!





Might be a philosophical streak of emotions, nothing deep.
Nevertheless, isn't it the truth?

We are such avid gaspers, and such fast adapters, that it sometimes gets difficult for the conscience to know 'when' a trait seeded and grew, and manifested.

I just wish to grow in the better environment !! Although I know, I'll end up the same fate. But, I still optimize.
Seriously...!


PS: For the first time ever did I stay online for approximately 15 hours today. Believe me, it's only sleep that's logging me off.

6 comments:

Vivere said...

"Oh Lord,let us change what we can,
accept what we can't and have the wisdom to know the difference!"

It is such a sad event.
Take care Telly.

mgeek said...

15 hours? Impressive!

alok said...

Maithilisharan gupt; India's national poet wrote an article around 40 yrs back titled "kya nirash hua jaye" about the dismal situation of the country's system, that how everything around us is breaking down; politicians are corrupt, bureaucracy is corrupt, Nobody seems to be doing their job.The writer observed that what it is that is preventing the whole system from crashing down completely.And he concluded that it actually is those persons who are small in number, scattered, not on very powerful positions but have one thing in common: THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN UP HOPE AND ARE RELENTLESSLY DOING THEIR SMALL BIT TO MAKE THINGS BETTER. It is them who are holding things up and they are the ones who keep our hopes alive for a better tomorrow. So there is never going to be a perfect world but there sure can be a better world if only WE DON'T GIVE UP. So ask that stupid resident of yours to read this, may be he'll have some sense :)
p.s. BTW he was NEVER beaten up :/
n ya i liked what Magus quoted der

Beauty and the BEast said...

scary what we adapt too and painful what we suffer in silence. But one cant be at war forever either...

c'est la vie?

Take care Telly...

P.S.: your write up has left me unsettled, kind of kicked up a lot of dust soaked thoughts... Thank you for it... I guess :P

Tele Jane said...

@ Magus - Loved the quote. Wishing 'wisdom' for all. :)

@ mgeek - The subsequent two days it got to 16-17 hrs!! And now, I can't get below 7!! (Read as: hangover) ;)

Tele Jane said...

@ Alok Boss - Thanks for quoting this here. So true it is.
I'll make the resident read the complete 'Kya niraash hua jaye!!' ;)
& If he was never beaten up, he's missed something important!! Hasn't he?? ;)
Besides fun, I do wish he never does get beaten up!! :)


@ Beauty and the BEast-
It did unsettle me too. Thanks to that resident I guess!! :)
And, yeah, C'est la vie!!