May 21, 2010

Row-dies!!

Back from the duties, apron-clad, steth-wriggling-on-the-neck, I drive down the roads, at burning hours of the day. Am almost the lone one, on the tarred pathway.
Almost, till an occasional soul is seen crossing this barren area, all into himself. Eyeing me fiercely. I avoid him, and drive at a fairly good speed, safely allowing him enough space to carry on with his crossing business. 
Fiery red eyes, burning with anger, of paranoid proportions. Head held high, in proud of 'God knows what' ! He stopped. And as I neared him, could see the immensely male-chauvinistic attitude, 'the kind which blinds them to believe that they are Gods!' The psycho-maniac tendency of treating a women as their class-IV subordinates! The high testosterone circulation phase, where Superhumanly qualities hallucinate! The angst, the mania, the psychology surfaced and he threw his hand, to hit me with all his vigor. 

Though the last nano-second reflexes saved me, and he could not even touch me. Gaining balance, as I drove, a few feet away, I screamed and shouted. Hit my fist, hard on my scooter handle.

Some slang words, some sort of temper shown to self. Some bad taste to the tales that I have with the roads, and the roadies. Why is it 'ALL' that I do when such an incident happens? Why!! 

Oh!! How I wish I had the strength to go and hit him back!
How I wish I was not a GIRL!
How I wish the sub-conscious areas could have left me free, and not remind me that I  have a pair of an 'always anxious' Mom-Dad, an 'extremely worried' Granma-pa, and a 'cute-kiddish' elder sister, and a 'super-caring' brother.
Why did you ever tell me Dad, that stay away from such creatures? Ignore them. Don't enter in any kind of disputes with any such rowdy-male-villagers.
Why!!

It was my hospital area. My very own territory. 
Why did I not turn back? 
Coz I'm not designed for it?
Coz this is what girls are not expected to do? 
coz They have to just accept things?

Till when!!

Till when will I have to gulp such indecent acts? 

Till when will I have to hear those stupid-derogatory comments, from a group of college-going guys, who think that they are the 'only ones' who have the Right to freedom of speech, and shout their opinion on every girl passing by? (Bastard Assholes!!) 

Till when will I have to catch that glimpse of some s**-hungry eyes, who consider every girl as a sexual commodity? (Sadistic Animals!!) 

Till when will I have to refrain myself from hitting such guys/men, only cause they have nothing to lose, and I have nothing to gain, except the enmities, and add to the mental trauma to my family?

Till when!! 

4 comments:

Raj said...

first of all, apologies. not for being a 'man' but for him being a 'man'. and all the rest of the uhh...jerks u have to meet

i m sure a track will make meat out of him someday.

second, i think u shud have turned around and rammed ur vehicle into him. wud have served him right.

but then u did the ryt thing. so i bow to thee.

Raj said...

and honestly speaking, being a girl has nothing to do with you know, you not turning around to bash him up. its just the natural instinct to avoid and forget.

Vivere said...

It's really sad,the way some people function.

but you know what,that's why they are idiots!;P

Tele Jane said...

@ raj -
...or just that I've very nicely 'adopted' the instinct to avoid and forget. :D
Bt, still, yeah, it pays to be this way...I do not get into brawls every now and then! :)

@ Magus-
Yeah. ;) Dumb Idiots!! ;P