Mar 14, 2009

An Adieu...

You are the one,
The One who'll be mine,
I thought.
Who would be the kind
I have always had in mind,
I thought.
Love, Trust & Respect
Complete in every aspect,
I thought.
Understanding my thinking,
My likes, dislikes & working,
I thought.
The one who'll test or check me
But, still let the loyalty be,
I thought.

But, your habits,
Your lack of time for me,
Your limited version of knowledge,
Your lack of funny bone,
Your demoralizing attitude,
Puts the much-needed RESPECT into refute.

I thought,
Still, I have Love and Trust
& our relation won't go to dust.
But,
No-respect denied me this:
To put faith into the dish.
Trust & Love too got burnt in this Broth,
& An un-palatable delicacy is what I got.

And now, I think,
It was a big mistake of mine,
To visualize a recipe made fine...
Of ingredients, ME & YOU.
And now, I think,
I have this view,
That we are better
without each other.

It hurts sub-consciously,
To say a Bye, Knowingly.
I know,
Happiness won't be achieved this way,
But,
Happiness in this relation too, is bereaved, at sway.

Wishes that your life be
The way you dream it to be,
Your desires be fulfilled,
& Your tensions be killed.

And do remember,
I tried to love you,
As hard as I could.
But, the effort didn't lead me to my destination
And I surrendered to Prostration & Depression.

An Adieu....

2 comments:

Ankit said...

Well like you even I am indecisive..
It cant be good as its written by you..
But I cant say its bad because of intimidating warning that you gave me..
I wont call it a good poetic writing.. But its good in the sense that you have expressed everything one has to say, all the aspects..

Tele Jane said...

Well, Yep, it isn't a good one...
As it is more of a thought rather than a poem. I introduced the rhyme, only in order to make it less boring.

Thanks ....