Dec 13, 2008

I WISH I COULD FLY

Quite an amateur-writing…written sometime, say 3 years back, at a creative writing competition…on the given theme : “I wish I could fly”



On getting the chance to fulfill my wishes I would like to fulfill one wish which I hold nearest to my heart & that is :

“I wish I could fly”
In the blue sky,
Beneath me would lie
Earth like a delicious pie
With lots of sky scrapers
Like grayish drapers.
And Yes, there is something green
But, unfortunately, hardly seen.

I wish I could fly,
And no borders to be limited by.
I could roam free in the space
And could see the earth’s face,
Which is all dark and tanned
Due to pollution which should be banned.

I wish I could fly
And cover long distances in the sky,
Would reach Switzerland to buy
Some chocolates and some dye.
Would shop from the whole world,
And would get my hair curled.

I wish I could fly
And no tickets shall I buy
No traffic jams would irritate me
And I would fly above the tree
No visa would be required
And I could do whatever I desired.

I wish I could fly,
And look at airplanes passing by
Would accompany the birds
In their cow-like-herds.
I wish I could fly …
I wish I could fly…!!

2 comments:

Ankit said...

As you yourself said, its ameaturish, but still, considering that it was written 3 years back, it nice..

Tele Jane said...

Yep, this was my first-ever poem...!!
This marks my Knocking at the Poetry Room !!
Well, sincerely speaking, i don't think i have travelled miles from there...but,yes, have tried and have definitely improved !! (tho, a cent in a dollar only)
Thanks for taking time out & reading it !!
OBLIGED ;) !