Dec 13, 2008

Guess What !!



Sitting in the Balcony
Eyeing the passer-byes,
My eyes met someone
Whom I thought I identified.
Oh! Mummy and Daddy,
How silly can I be…?
Not identifying my thee!
Mom and Dad come near,
They had gone shopping
And have bought something dear.
Dear to me, they say,
My need, they say.
“Play a guess game,
And have them right away!”
“Guess Game”, I hate to play,
Coz, can my needs and
Their perspective of ‘my needs’
Ever resonate?
Rare, but may !
What I concentrate upon,
Is ‘NEED’ !
Indeed,
My Mom was too excited,
So, I knew, buy’s gotta be her seed !

She’s been after me,
For my ring-less ears,
Yes, the gold bali I used to wear,
Has been ‘FOR REPAIR’ for years.
I thought, she’s got me a new,
And, Guessed as a pair of earrings
Amongst the options few !
“Oh! Yes, It has to be bought,
But, it just wasn’t in my thought”,
Said my Mum gloomily.
And I hated it again,
For I had recalled her
Of an undone task.
Also, for I had failed to mouth
The guess she had asked.
And, I hated it most, for I had to
Again get to GUESSING !
Afresh, I start,
Seeing the size of the buy,
And its shape,
I focus my mind on the art,
‘The Art of Guessing’.
Oh! Can it be the pens,
Those who have eluded me
At five shops,
Those which are the exam-lifelines,
Which chops,
The matter to be read,
‘The HIGHLIGHTER’ !
‘Only important is supposed
To be brighter !’
Once again I guess,
Only to be depressed,
Coz, I have to guess AGAIN !
No, I quit, I will not
Drain my brain
By playing this game,
I won’t have the buy,
And, no one is to blame!
“Oh! My Beta”, my Mum exclaims,
And she opens her shopping
“What! A Shampoo & an Oil”
I said, with a cough,
Almost whooping !
“Yes, dear, your hair
Have been shedding,
And with the intensity of shed,
Baldness, I am dreading !
Everyday, everytime you comb,
A 100 strands of hair I see
Strewn on the floor,
Lying on your shirt,
And on the comb.”
What a sweet gesture,
I think
And my head without a hair
I imagine…
A shiny head !
No hair to be my CROWN
My brain exposed to heat
And sunlight will turn it brown.
No, No !
It can’t be…
No, It shouldn’t be…
And I’ll rate Baldness
Even more worse than sterility
For a Princess,
Or any ordinary next-door-lass!
‘Oh!’ I sprang on my feet
And hug my Mummy,
For she’s a treat !
A treat that I enjoy
Almost every moment,
Full of care,
And, Me and Mumma, coy !

No comments: