Aug 31, 2008

CONFUSED !!



CONFUSED- A basic trait of each & every person !!


Whateva- focused or determined you are, once in your lifetime, you definitely would have found yourself in a dilemma, or a messed-up situations, wherein you would have been forced to think…NOW WHAT? WHAT NEXT? & would have received loads of answers from your amygdala !

This subjective feeling of having heaps of work to be done, or having a wide variety of options to choose amongst, & your inability to do so, is called Confusion.
The feeling, when one enters a food outlet & takes a looong time in deciding what to order; when one drags a friend alongwith, to a cloth kiosk, so that they can choose a particular trouser to be bought; is nothing but a very low-degree confused state.
What is mentally blocking, is when this confusion brews up in each & every task of your life; & this leads to a stagnancy in our life-style & compels us to question the meaning of life & our very purpose of living!

As a STUDENT, I, very frequently, dump myself into the “Confused” tag…
What subject do I study? – Medicine, Surgery, O&G or this year’s subjects-ENT, Ophthal or PSM ?? Coz of the “NINE” GRAND subjects to be covered in Final Part-2 & the 3 in Final Part-1 !
Which book shall I read into? – Harrison/CMDT/Davidson ? , Bailey & Love/S.Das/Manipal ? , Parsons or Khurana ? Coz of material better suited for different purposes: better understanding, or better retention of the subject, or fetching better marks in Universities !
What shall I focus onto –Indian PrePGs or USMLE ? Coz of the declining already-minimal chances of getting a berth, here in India [Thanx to Reservation] or coz of No chances of getting my choice of field, dere in US !
Every morning, I wonder “Shall I attend classes?” – Simply because of their worthlessness in regards to gaining knowledge, but essentiality in regards to fulfilling the required attendance quota for sitting in exams !
What do I wanna become- A ‘Some’ doctor, a ‘Good’ doctor or an IAS (a gud prospective indeed!)

As a teenager also [Ohhh…I noticed only now…that I am an ADOLESCENT …n no more a teenager !! :( ], I find myself into the confused lot, every now & then…
What do I want – A Career , A Commitment or Both ? Well, ‘Both’ seems to be the likely answer, many of the times, but, Believe me, there are innumerable instances, when I find ‘Career’ as the most probable answer !
Which friends are good n which are not-so-good ? How do I expect them to react to certain conditions ? Confused with the people’s nature- sometimes, they can be gr88 n sumtimes, absolutely weird !
Can I trust them? Times, when I feel they are the best humans existent on Earth & times, when I doubt their being Hypocrites !

As an IDENTITY too, confusion sets in when I ask myself- What am I?
Ambitious or Lazy enuff, that my ambitions too go for a sweet, short [Read as: A long] nap, until some serious soul-stirring is done by my Mom-Dad, & myself too ! ;)
Ever-chirpy-Happy or Sulking type – I do cry, invariably frequently, at smallest-unusual things, but, I end up as a very content individual most of the times !
Angel or a Devil – I try not to hurt anyone & keep everyone smiling, but, I still want things be done MY way, otherwise, Cruciatus ! Controlling anger(if-u-call-it-one) is just not manageable !
Modern or Orthodox- I can actually be at the extremes of both, at different situations !
Intelligent or Buddhu – Despite knowing that I can do wonders if I study, I make a Dumbo out of myself by not doing so !



In all, these phases of confusion do sit besides you, in your very own living room, very often too, but, they can be thrown out only by following your INSTINCTS ! Your IMPULSION !
Thinking much over them-in sense-pondering & brooding over them for long-can only worsen the situation ! U might end up _____ [BLANK] !! realizing that now for the piles of questions- you don’t get ‘any’ answer (in contrast to the ‘many’ answers b’fore) & you have wasted an imp. Share of time into Useless analysis !

So…when you end up CONFUSED-->
Find out why are you confused !
What options do you have !
& just follow your instincts !
Plunge blind-eyed onto one option & work on it…!
You might end up HAPPY !

[PS: No GUARANTEE, still Try OUT !!]

1 comment:

Tele Jane said...

Comments Invited !!