Dec 9, 2023

Do what you can DO!!

 Your day has how many hours? Twenty-four!!

My brain refuses to accept, closes the door,

Sits down quietly, and plans my day-

With a long list of “to-dos” in an idealistic way.

Zero time to eat, drink or relax,

With concentration & efficacy at the max.

Agility of a toddler, acuity of a teenager,

Wisdom of a saint, passion of a lover-

All these an ageing brain deluded me with,

Overzealous, unrealistic targets created a myth…

That I am faltering… not doing my bit at my best,

Putting my sincerity, commitment daily at test.

A cycle of dissatisfaction, bottling up, frustration,

lashing out at loved ones, and sky-high expectations.

My clock needs a wind, my soul needs a break!

The tired legs of this hamster, even passion no-more can take.

I can’t have it all, in the perfect way I want it to!

Love, let go, enjoy, breathe & do what “you can” do!

No comments: