Sep 20, 2009

Impulsive !

Your Basic Instincts are basic to you. Inherently yours. They run in your DNA. In every Thymine and Cytosine molecule of your body.
No matter how many years you add to your age, or how many experiences you collect in your closet, or how much wiseness you graph on your growth chart, instincts will forever live with you, like the shadow, or like the Sun and the Moon.
We, for once, may be bereft of our shadow, or the Sun during the eclipse, but, its only transitory. We do end up being home. End up being ourselves.

There might be people who can't separate from their instincts, even for a flick of a second. Who live the life their own way. True.
And there are some, like me, who can sustain without their instincts for a significant period.

A period.


Not forever.



No one can.

My basic instinct is being IMPULSIVE.
(My sister's is: Being Lazy.) :B :)

Have always been so impulsive, taken all the decisions of my life in a haste. In the Moment.
But, That's me.
Times when I have regretted my acts and my words, have been many.
But, there have also been times when I have achieved things, that otherwise I couldn't have ever dreamt of. And these are the times, which make me feel proud, of being impulsive.Being Me.

But, there's one more aspect to 'following your instincts'.

One must always try to keep their instincts at their feet.In control.

I profess that trying to keep your instincts subdued for some time, adds to your development. As an individual. As a human. And As yourself.

(I am trying to control my impulsion to disclose something here...)
And I am glad, I am doing this...

For one of my deary friends says:
Don't let public forums replace your personal diary.
Everything about you shouldn't be divulged.
Stay virtual.

Let them be in your life.

But, Don't live in them.

So True...

Thanks 'Nobody' ! :)

7 comments:

Ankit said...

Laziness is not an instinct.. If at all its anything, its lack of instinct..

Tele Jane said...

Be it lack of instinct, it is still her instinct...as she thinks of laying off each n every work ...
Only when she feels that anymore delay cannot be dealt with, only then does she work.
And she can even sleep/ lay off the work in the midst!

Her basic nature is being Lazy.
I wud prefer calling it an instinct.

* I would be juggling nature=instinct here....but, pls don't complain. A final yr medical student has full right to be paranoid and talking insane and irrational. Bear with me !! :)

Ankit said...

U cud well be describing me :P

mgeek said...

"Laziness is not an instinct" - A Neophyte said...

I disagree :)

By the way, @†J:
Nice post, but had you failed to control ur instincts, it would have been much more interesting (I know, I know, always in mood for more gossip). :)

Beauty and the BEast said...

wow!! did you write that on an impulse too!!? its sure pushes me to think if I let instincts rule my life..

I dont know if I am ready for the answers yet... :P

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

i tried learning from de past...n that didnt save me from follies...

tried foreseeing things...failed myopia...

at last i decided to live in de present...oooooooo SPLASHH i didnt c dat man hole...

Instincts rule!!! guess wot...my current instinct 'puzzler'... :)

Tele Jane said...

@ mgeek -
We all souls are such masala-hunters !! ;) Man, I too always keep my senses open to any and every new gossip around !! :D
Waiting for the right time to disclose that particular thing ! :)

@Beauty and the Beast-
Most of us do let instincts rule us !! Do ponder on what your instinct is ! :-)

@k.ø.c.h.ü -
Puzzling...... whom are you puzzling now??
;-)